Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Feurey Reports From The Scene Of The San Diego Fires


We are doing fine. The air is the worst part. It has smelled like a BBQ since Sunday. The streets are empty and those outside have masks or bandannas over their face. There are ash dust bunnies and weird brown fallout from the fires that covers everything. I was able to pick up the last air purifier at Sears. I have had a constant mild headache for the past 24 hours.

The path of the fire is up to the winds to decide. We are not in any immediate danger or have to evacuate just yet. There was a bad fire here about four years ago that burned up to Tierrasanta (5 miles away). The only thing that stopped the fire was the switch in wind direction.

Jets are taking off from MCAS Miramar to evacuate the base which is 4 miles from our apartment which is a precautionary measure but very disconcerting.

But don't worry, I am in Post Apocalyptic survival mode so Melanie and I will survive. I have attached a recent picture of myself.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If the fires come your way...run like the santa anna wind

Anonymous said...

If there's anyone that I'd want on my side during an Apocalyptic event it most certainly would be Feurey. Fuck Jack Bauer!

Be well and extra cautious, my friend.

Anonymous said...

Any update, Feurey?

Unknown said...

Updates are as follows:

The winds have changed direction to the east once the Govenator Landed. He was on the news telling the flames to "Chill out" He then went to the a water tower kicked it over onto the fires and said "Cool Off." He proceeded to an area surrounded by flames and told the civilians to "Get to the Choppa"